Name:
Location: West Linn, Oregon, United States

Knitting when I am not at Tangle Knitting Studio, my very own LYS, 440 1st Street, Lake Oswego, OR 503-636-KNIT! Make sure to stop by if you are in the area. Usually you will find me - DH, 1 or 2 of 4 S or the D. 4 cats, dog, turtle and fish have to stay home.

Monday, February 14, 2005

In The Beginning

How did it start? Well, the knitting was learned in Junior High, the knitting obsession started in my 30's. The business ideas, started in Junior High, the businesses started in my 20's. The floundering started in my early 40's. And finally at 46 I think I am crawling back to me. I love knitting, I love business puzzles, I love finding a new angle and there is no LYS in the best spot near me. Demographics are perfect, income double national averages, a totally new concept, a ability to come up with that difference, and a great friend to go into business with.

So, now, there is a call into the realtor, emails to potential supplies, bags the hunt for the perfect bags. Books, ooooo what shall it look like - or how to I get this vision into the store. and YARN. What more could a girl want in life.

And my horoscope the day I started writing the business plan. "LIBRA: There might be a glimmer of how to make a hobby pay for itself. Seek the advice of a trusted friend if you have a brainstorm."

Maybe all roads have lead to here.

3 Comments:

Blogger travisgilbert66495107 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

10:05 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hi Alice,
I decided to look up your shop, but was steered to your blog site...I too have a site on blogspot...
www.redpaintbrush.blogspot.com

Looking forward to chatting with you about knitting and the new Fiber Arts class!
Diane (aka Annie)

2:35 PM  
Blogger lucyrice0206787834 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home